Sunday 11 November 2012

Shoe-nanigans

I need a pair of chunky everyday ankle-boots (no really, I do, I'm finding that with my vertiginous heels  I can look like an ageing tart in skinnies so new boots are definitely in order) and was googling frantically. You know how it is with online shopping? It's so easy to get distracted, which is why these bad boys found their way into my basket. They don't tick any of the boxes that they were meant to tick, they are so high they make me feel as if I'm constantly en-pointe and they probably look faintly ridiculous. But they are fab-u-lous.

Burgundy brogues from Owntherunway.com


I've discovered the wonderful notdressedaslamb and just love her quirky style. Next week I'm going to try some vintage styling with a couple of suede midi skirts that have been hanging forlorn in my wardrobe for at least 15 years ( frankly I'm going to have to, I haven't got enough clothes, 50 outfits is starting to seem a lot) but will need more time (and no doubt money spent on accessories) to put an outfit together that doesn't make me look like I've crashed into the sale rail at Country Casuals. But today I went for a casual layering with scraper heels look. Now, I'm not pretending I look as good or am dressed anywhere near as stylishly as Catherine but I think my shiny new shoes distract from everything else.

I'm just off to apply blister plasters to my heels now.

Scarf: Zara
Jeans: Rock and Republic (ancient)
Vest: Primark
Cardigan: Paul Smith (also very elderly)

No comments:

Post a Comment