Thursday 6 December 2012

All copied out!

Day 31 and my enthusiasm and frankly, my wardrobe were waning, I could feel my old uniform calling me. Salvation came with the ping of a new post on one of my favourite blogs All worn out where they were trying a more sophisticated version of my style challenge, emulating fab looks seen on Pinterest boards and adapting them.

One glimpse at Sarah and Emma's style muse both looking divine in their red coats inspired me to have a go too...if the copying continues at this rate by the end of the month there will be hoards of women in cream jumpers, red coats and frosty ankles all around Britain!

I don't own any black cigarette pants (they must be the only type of black trousers I don't possess) so I turned up my Gok skinnies and have placed the real thing on my shopping list. As a wimpy inhabitant of the frozen north I just had to wear tights to bridge the gap between shoe and trouser hem (hey come on, it was -2C this morning) and I ditched the sunnies to help me peer through the December gloom.



 Emma and Sarah from Allwornout's Pinterest inspiration

Coat: Whistles (old)
Jumper: H&M (this season)
Black jeans (turned up): Gok at Sainsburys
Shoes: Aldo (old)





2 comments:

  1. Brilliant look - you pulled that one out of the bag. I'd love to do that one ... but alas, no red coat. What a brilliant idea to take something from Pinterest and see whether it's do-able. That should help with the remaining 19 days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, I haven't worn my red coat for years and now twice in one month!

    I was really impressed with the coat that you altered, it looks fantastic. I'm gutted because I only just threw my old navy work coat away..it wouldn't have looked as cool as yours but it would definitely have had a new lease of life. Great idea!
    XX

    ReplyDelete