Monday 10 December 2012

Do my legs look short in this?

Just a cursory glance at my blog (and my shoe cupboard) will tell you everything you need to know about my major body hang-up. While others may stress about big bums, muffin tops or saggy boobs  (and of course I worry about those too, I can definitely multi-task when it comes to body woes) I fret about whether my legs look short or stocky, or usually short and stocky. Finding shoes or trousers with leg-lengthening magic is the shopping holy grail for me.

Since embarking on this challenge I've worn an awful lot of black trousers: from skinny to palazzo and cigarette to skinny-flared. So, today I thought I'd try a straight leg and then review all of them to see which make my legs look the longest and the least like a prop-forward. The shoes all have a very similar height (4-5 inches but then what's an inch between friends ;)? ) and are all black but different styles so I'll chuck them into the dock for a damn good judging too.



Legs and co



After the votes have been counted and independently verified (well... actually after my daughters, hubby and friends have had their say) I will report back on the winners and losers. If there's anyone out there in the blogosphere who has stumbled upon my ramblings and has an opinion, feel free to comment, my little legs can take it!!!



Straight legged jeans: Replay (old from outlet)
Shirt with leather collar: Firetrap (last year)
Boots: Kurt Geiger from Shoeaholics

Gok skinnies with LK Bennett ankle boots outside...not feeling too confident about this
little combos chance of winning the leg-lengthening prize!
Palazzos and LK Bennett ankle boots (under)

JBrand skinny flares with Aldo wedges

Gok skinnies with YSL ankle boots

Gok skinnies, turned up to look like cigarette pants with Aldo wedges





7 comments:

  1. Your legs look good in all of them, but especially the straight leg and skinnies,
    Just come across your blog, I'm going to spend a happy hour reading your posts.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo for your lovely comments, my daughters definitely agree with your judgement :) it's weird isn't it, I'd have definitely predicted that other styles would be better?
      All the best
      Jane x

      Delete
  2. Another vote for the Replays and the Gok skinnies (full length - not turned up). But you need not worry - you look to have lovely legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda! And thanks so much more popping over and commenting, I really enjoy AllWornOut :)
      Jane x

      Delete
  3. I vote for the replays and the bootcuts do actually elongate. You don't have a problem with your legs - believe me. Put it this way - they can't be any shorter than mine! And I'm only 5ft 1.5" tall. Besides, I've got used to being a dinky thing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm 5 ft 2 and a half.... That half is very important for us titches isn't it!!!???
      Actually I quite like being small... Just wish my body and legs were more evenly balanced ...I'll just cheat it with the right trousers now lol!!
      Jane
      Xx

      Delete
    2. See! Everyone is taller than me! I was just hoping by chance that you were at least the same height ... if not smaller. It's pretty rare to come across anyone smaller than me.

      Delete