Tuesday 11 December 2012

Red leopard day


My fabulous new wine and leopard scarf eventually arrived from China, after its leisurely five week journey (I think it may have actually walked here) and, of course, it was the wrong scarf. In the place of the muted beiges and dark wine there was a traditional leopard print with scarlet edges . Grrrrrrr.
Now this challenge could be over by the time they exchange it (frankly, my life could be over by the time they exchange it) and it cost under a fiver so I decided to just go with it.

So, what to wear with a leopard and red scarf? Time to get the old Whistles red coat out again! All I really need (yes, need) are a pair of pointy leopard stilettos to complete my outfit, off to google them now!





Leopard Scarf: Ebay mistake
Red jumper: Uniqlo (old)
Jeans: Zara (this season)
Tan tote: Zara (still available)
Shoes: Ancient




My scarf
The scarf I thought I ordered



Am seriously in love with these shoes from Matches. Suddenly having rediscovered pointy stilletos everything else seems a little old-fashioned..weird!


These are a cheaper option from New Look










5 comments:

  1. I'm not one for red but you're making it look quite appealing. Just a good thing I've no money left this month or else I'd be looking for red coats. I've had the same experience ordering a scarf where my lovely aubergine scarf came along bright purple. Aarghgh. Couldn't give it away and I tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd look gorgeous in red! Please do a post on your purple scarf...I'd love to see it :)
      Jane
      X

      Delete
    2. I couldn't give it away to any of my friends - I gave it to charity because I couldn't stand the colour - it was beyond awful. But it was really nice quality despite everything.

      Delete
  2. Love your scarf so much I just ordered one and I'm not supposed to be buying anything as its Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting :) I am really pleased with the colour combo now and it was a great price, not much more than a coffee ( I can justify any purchase!!!).. i hope your scarf gets to you quicker than mine did !
    All the best
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete