Monday 3 December 2012

'Tis the season to be sparkly

It's December, time for mince pies, merriment and most importantly...the wearing of sequins. The magazines and shops are full to bursting with all things glittery and glam, the sort of stuff that for the other eleven months of the year would look OTT and dare I say it, tacky-but this Christmas feels right (well to me anyway).

This weekend I had friends for supper and a dinner out with the girls, so, of course out came the sequins!  They were pretty casual affairs and I really had to dilute the sparkles a tad, so as not to terrify the natives. I dressed them down with skinny jeans on one night and a slouchy black jumper on the other. It's amazing how a little shimmer can get you right into the Christmas spirit!




Black cashmere jumper: Uniqlo ( really fab and on offer now )
Sequin skirt: Bought as costume for DD's musical theatre exam from clearance sale in House of Fraser, similar in Tesco this year.
Boots: YSL (pressie from lovely parents last year, see pics below)


T-shirt:Linea from House of Fraser


T-shirt: Linea, House of Fraser (40% off now )
Jeans: Primark (slightly shiny snakeskin print and make my legs look like sausages, definitely a shimmer too far for me!)
Boots: YSL










3 comments:

  1. Wow - you really do like your heels very high. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

    I like the jumper and skirt combo - that's my kind of dressed down dressed up. Nice, easy and warm. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to find your blog! I'm looking forward to following your 50 in 50 project. Thanks for your comment on my blog too. IN LOVE with those boots - stunning and the sequins are fab too, especially the t-shirt…looks WAY nicer on you than in the website photograph. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog! Nice work! I love the sparkles!!!

    Fiona
    http://www.avenue57.com

    ReplyDelete