Friday 7 December 2012

Vicar or schoolgirl?

My title today sounds like a promising theme for a fancy dress party rather than an outfit you would actually, you know, wear on a normal day. And maybe for the forty-something woman that's how it should stay; but as usual, floundering on regardless I decided to try out that youthful fave the Peter Pan collar. They've been around for a few seasons, in fact Alexa's been rocking them for years and my older DD has already been there, worn that and has now rejected the Peter Pan collar as heading towards fashion history. Surely when teenagers have left a trend behind, it's time for the rest of us to have a go?

Alexa, Pippa et al 


Anyway Claudia Winkleman has been sporting an assortment of little black dresses with white collars on Strictly and she's forty-something (something not very much I know, and she looks great but bear with me here) so today to misquote J.M Barrie I've decided I don't want to grow up, I just want to be a little girl and have fun!

Of course, I wasn't so foolish as to actually spend some money on a new outfit, I cobbled the look together out of a little black jumper dress from H&M (I could technically call it a tunic...but I won't for fear I may be lynched by the Style and Beauty gurus on Mumsnet) and a cream lace-collared shirt from Topshop last year, with some reassuringly thick black opaques.

Jumper dress: H&M (this season)
Cream lace-collared shirt: Topshop (last year)
Pearls: Clare's Accessories
Boots: Moda in Pelle (this season)



So...The Vicar of Dibley or a naughty schoolgirl, I'll leave you to decide!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment